Thursday 4 April 2013

Daily sketch #2

The Huntress :: WIP
Quite slowly but inevitably I'm getting closer to finishing the head model of the Huntress. Today I spent most of my time working on the main facial features and proportions. Usually super heroines look like a supermodels and trust me, I don't have any problems with that at all, but still there are some things I want to do a bit differently.

Because I won't be modeling an entire body I don't have much of a freedom showing the posture, which could help to emphasize her violent nature and thirst for the revenge. I wanted her to look beautiful, because beauty is one of the most dangerous weapons that women own, but I didn't want her to look too fragile- small nose, narrow chin and large eyes usually are symptoms of a beauty, but definitely it doesn't look very intimidating.

Keeping this in mind, first thing I had to do was to convert my high poly sculpt to a low poly model, so I can easily work with the proportions. It would've been better to finish the whole mesh and only then make the adjustments, but I really didn't want to show the same model, we're here to see the progress, right?

As soon as the nose, lips and cheek areas were ready, I started my work on the eye section. I haven't managed to sculpt proper eyelids yet, so I modeled them from the scratch. There is still some work to be done, so I will tell more about the process another day.

The biggest challenge was the mouth region. In hi-poly version the face looks too slim and also a bit too fragile. I made the jaw line to look stronger and a chin wider. I'm pretty happy with the current results- she has that cold-blooded look and strong facial features, no doubt that the asses will get kicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment