Monday 26 May 2014

2 day project #2: Earthworm Jim

The time is up and here's what I've created in these two days. I decided to go for this 90's video game and TV super-star Earthworm Jim.

Earthworm Jim
Earthworm Jim, 2014



Last week I thought that the task was challenging, but geez, this time it really made me sweat. I really encourage everyone to try challenges like this, because it's a super fast way to find out which skills should be improved. Even though I was confident that the retopo part wouldn't be a biggest problem, I still managed somehow to spend ridiculous 2-3 hours on edge loops in palm area, not to mention sculpting cloth folds and baking textures. Now that I'm not under the pressure of time limit, most likely I will prepare this piece for my portfolio with better textures and materials, but for now take a look at my version of Earthworm Jim and leave your feedback. Thanks!

BTW, if you still don't have BoolTool, go and get it now!






Sculpting stages

Wireframe


No comments:

Post a Comment